Tuesday, May 9, 2023

MEET ITALIAN POLYMATH

 Leonardo da Vinci

     I am Leonardo da Vinci, an artist, scientist, and inventor during the Italian Renaissance.

    I am considered to be one of the most talented and intelligent people of all time. The term Renaissance Man or someone who does many things very well was coined from my many talents. This term is used today to describe people who are multi talented.

     I was born in the town of Vinci, Italy on April 15, 1452. Not much is known about my childhood. But my father was wealthy. Around 14 years I became an apprentice to a famous artist named Verrocchio. This is where I learned about art, drawing, painting and more.

     I am regarded as one of the greatest artists in history because I excelled in many areas including drawing, painting, and sculpture. Although a lot of my paintings are gone, I am known for two of my most famous paintings, the Mona Lisa 

and The Last Supper.

     Many of my drawings and journals were made in my pursuit of scientific knowledge and inventions. My journals are filled with over 13,000 pages of my observations of the world. I drew pictures and designs of hang gliders, helicopters, war machines, musical instruments, various pumps, and more. I was also interested in civil engineering projects and designed a single span bridge to divert the Arno River. I also designed movable barricades which would help protect my city in the case of attack by enemies.

     Finally, I died on May 2, 1519 in Amboise, Kingdom of France.

CAMPAIGNS, VOTES AND ELECTIONS

To elect the President of America Every four years, US citizens cast their vote for the person they think should hold the coveted position o...