Tuesday, August 20, 2024

STORY TIME

The suitcase

A man realised that he was about to die, as he saw God coming closer with a suitcase in His hand. God said, “All right son, it’s time to go.”

Surprised, the man responded, “Now? So soon? I had a lot of plans...”

“I’m sorry, but it’s time to go.”

“What do you have in that suitcase?” the man asked.

“Your belongings.”

“My belongings? You mean my things, my clothes, my money?” the man wondered.

“Those things were not yours; they belonged to the earth,” God replied.

“Is it my memories?” the man asked.

“Those never belonged to you, they belonged to time.”

“Is it my talents?”

“Those were never yours, they belonged to the circumstances.”

“Is it my friends and family?”

“I’m sorry they were never yours, they belonged to the path,” God said, as He shook His head.

“Is it my body?” the man asked.

“That was never yours, it belonged to the dust.”

“Is it my soul?"

Again God shook His head, “No that is mine.”

Full of fear, the man took the suitcase from God and opened it, just to find that the suitcase was empty. With tears coming down his cheeks, the man said, “I never had anything?”

God answered, “That is correct; every moment you lived was only yours. Life is just a moment, a moment that belongs to you. You were born with empty hands and will die empty-handed."

☆☆☆

For this reason, enjoy this time while you have it. Don’t let anything that you think you own, stop you from doing so. Live now. Live your life with kindness and love. Don’t forget to be happy; after all, this is the only thing that matters.”

A CELEBRATION OF TOGETHERNESS

  Through community meals  What's unique about Chandanki, a village in Gujarat? Here, food isn’t cooked in any house. Instead, food for ...