THE GRASS IS NOT ALWAYS GREENER
A hungry old lion paced across the savannah, frustrated that he had not caught a single meal all night. Age had slowed him down, and he was no longer as swift or strong as he had once been.
Just then, he spotted a young goat happily munching on grass at the top of a steep, rocky hill.
The lion's eyes lit up with hope—but there was a problem. The cliff was too steep for him to climb. So, instead of using strength, he decided to use cunning.
"Why are you eating that dry grass up there, my friend?" the lion called out sweetly. "Can't you see the lush, green grass growing down here in the valley?"
The goat looked down and replied, "Yes, I can see it. It does look green and fresh."
"It is even better than it looks," said the lion. "The grass is soft, tender, and still covered with sparkling morning dew."
"That's true," said the goat calmly. "I can see the dew shining in the early sunlight."
The lion continued tempting him. "The sun is rising quickly. Soon the dew will disappear. Come down now and enjoy this delicious feast before it's too late!"
The goat remained silent for a moment. Then he smiled and answered wisely,
"I see the green grass. I see the sparkling dew. But I also see the eager eyes of a hungry lion waiting below."
The lion realised that the clever goat could not be fooled. Defeated, he turned away and went off in search of another prey.
Moral of the Story
Beware of advice from people who stand to benefit from your decision. Think carefully before following someone's suggestions, especially when they may have hidden motives.