Saturday, November 26, 2022

Meet the planet Mercury

 I am the Merry Mercury


Hey, I am the planet, Mercury.

I am named after the Roman God of commerce and travel.


I am the first and closest planet to the Sun and also a very small planet.

I am called Budh in Hindu mythology.


I am just one-third the size of Earth.

I am as wide as the Atlantic Ocean but I don’t have any water or moons.

 I am made of rock and my surface is covered with many craters. Since I am so close to the Sun I am very hot.

I am also the fastest planet in the solar system and I can go around the sun in just eighty-eight days.

But I rotate on my axis very slowly and take nearly sixty earth days to complete one rotation

By the way, there are other planets around me.

We come in all shapes and sizes.

Some of my friends are very far away.

Together we form the solar system.

We are the jewels of the sky.

Even though we are far away we secretly control many things on Earth.

Scientists’ are still discovering many things about us.


A CELEBRATION OF TOGETHERNESS

  Through community meals  What's unique about Chandanki, a village in Gujarat? Here, food isn’t cooked in any house. Instead, food for ...