Saturday, November 19, 2022

Motivational

 Focus on what you can control


Tom met with his older mentor Dwyer, for his weekly chat.

“You seem troubled,” observed Dwyer.

“You know that project that I’ve been working on? It just didn’t work and I couldn’t get the result that I was after. In fact, I worked so hard on it, that I certainly deserved a better outcome,” responded Tom with frustration.

The mentor took Tom outside and pointing to a plant, said, “See this dead tomato plant. I did everything right when I planted it. I watered it, fertilized it and made sure that there were no weeds around it, but it still died. No matter how much you want to control the final outcome, you can’t. All that you can do is control the controllable, take responsibility for doing all that you can and leave the ultimate outcome up to God.”

“So what do I do? If I can’t be guaranteed success, should I just give up?” asked Tom, preparing to leave.

Giving him a basket full of large, juicy, bright red tomatoes, Dwyer said, “Of course not every tomato plant died. If you consistently do the right thing, you will significantly increase your chances of delivering successful outcomes. But if you give up due to one or two negative results, you’ll never reap a reward.”

A CELEBRATION OF TOGETHERNESS

  Through community meals  What's unique about Chandanki, a village in Gujarat? Here, food isn’t cooked in any house. Instead, food for ...