THE POWER OF A POSITIVE ATTITUDE
Once, there was a woman who believed that every day could be a good day if she chose to look at life positively.
One morning, she woke up, looked into the mirror and noticed that she had only three hairs on her head.
“Oh well!” she said with a smile. “I think I’ll braid my hair today.”
She braided her three hairs and went about her day happily. She enjoyed herself and had a wonderful day.
The next morning, she looked into the mirror and saw that she had only two hairs left.
“Hmmm…” she thought. “I think I’ll part my hair down the middle today.”
She did exactly that and went through her day with a cheerful smile. Once again, she had a grand day.
The following morning, she looked into the mirror and discovered that she had only one hair left.
“Well,” she said cheerfully, “today I’m going to wear my hair in a ponytail!”
She tied her single hair into a tiny ponytail and went about her day happily. She laughed, worked and enjoyed every moment.
The next morning, she looked into the mirror and found that she had not a single hair left on her head.
Instead of feeling sad, she smiled brightly and exclaimed,
“Wonderful! I don’t have to fix my hair today!”
She got ready quickly and went on to enjoy another beautiful day.
Moral of the Story:
We cannot always control what happens in our lives, but we can control how we respond to it.
A positive attitude does not mean that we have no problems. It means that we choose to look for possibilities instead of focusing only on difficulties.
Sometimes, changing our attitude can change the way we experience an entire situation.
Remember: When life gives you a reason to complain, look for a reason to smile!